Outlook Group Packaging Academy
We created the Packaging Academy to share a bit of packaging education on a variety of topics in an attempt to demystify the world of packaging. There’s a LOT to know, so check back often as we add more content around labels, flexible packaging, folding cartons, contract packaging and the package design process. Whether you’re just starting out in packaging or are a seasoned packaging pro, you’re bound to learn a few tips and tricks to supplement your packaging knowledge.
The Definition of Packaging
[pak–uh-jing] – noun. According to dictionary.com, the definition of packaging is:
- the box or wrapping in which a product is offered for sale
- the design of such a box or wrapping, esp with reference to its ability to attract customers
Per WikiPedia, packaging is the science, art and technology of enclosing or protecting products for distribution, storage, sale, and use. Packaging also refers to the process of designing, evaluating, and producing packages. Packaging contains, protects, preserves, transports, informs, and sells.
Packaging Education Topics
- Paperboard Packaging 101: The Basics
- Flexible Packaging 101 – The Basics
- Labels and Shrink Sleeves 101 – The Basics
Watch for Packaging Terms Glossaries coming soon!