Outlook Group's President, Kevin Hayes, and Market Development Manager, Jim Woller, accept the award on August 13 at WMC’s Policy Day program held at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in Madison, Wis.
NEENAH, WI – Outlook Group has been named a 2019 Wisconsin Business Friend of the Environment in the Sustainability category for demonstrating practices, processes and projects that reduce or minimize pollution and/or contribute to the long term economic, social, and environmental well-being of our business and community.
Celebrating its 30th consecutive year, the Business Friend of the Environment Award highlights Wisconsin companies' efforts in the areas of sustainability, innovative technology and environmental stewardship. The goal of this awards program is to demonstrate to state policymakers, businesses and the public that sound environmental practices are good for Wisconsin and its business environment.
The awards are hosted by Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce (WMC). Nine companies were awarded for programs that demonstrate an innovative approach to environmental protection and going above and beyond what is required by regulatory compliance.
Sustainability in packaging is more important than ever with many major brands publishing lofty sustainability goals. As a company, Outlook Group has always been protective of the environment, going well beyond printing industry standards in minimizing the amount of material utilized in our customers’ packaged products, as well as walking the sustainability talk internally:Our two main sustainable stories have been and continue to be our MICROLINER® Thin Film PS Labels and our full-service Contract Packaging services.
- Customers who utilize MICROLINER labels have reduced their liner waste by up to 80%. And because there are 30-100% more labels on a roll, they also save 15-50% on transportation, warehousing, and employee handling costs, including less down time spent on changeovers.
- Contract Packaging customers have reduced their material waste and manufacturing footprint by consolidating suppliers to Outlook Group, thereby resulting in significant freight savings as well as increased speed-to-market.
- Zero dumpsters outside of our 330,000 sq. ft. printing and packaging facility.
- 95-98% of the waste generated in our facility (by weight) is recycled and or reused.
- Motion-sense LED lighting installed throughout the manufacturing plant and warehouse has reduced electrical consumption for lighting by 44%.
- Investment in Prepress equipment this past year has reduced our solvent use in the Flexographic plate making process by over 50%
Outlook is honored to be given this award among the many other companies nominated and especially grateful to our employees - who live out our sustainability goals every day - and our clients who lean on us to help make their packaging more sustainable. Our success story reflects our continued commitment to environmental protection.
About Outlook Group LLC
With over 40 years’ experience in custom product packaging, direct marketing, and printing, Outlook Group Packaging & Printing Solutions understands clients’ needs and how to support their supply chains. OG serves customers in the food and beverage, private label, personal care, consumer healthcare packaging, consumer products, and contract packaging markets with innovative packaging solutions including labels, shrink sleeves, folding cartons, flexible packaging, fulfillment, and contract packaging solutions. In addition to the G7 Master Printer Certification, Outlook Group is ISO 13485:2003 certified for Medical Device Packaging, has earned SQF Level 2 for Safe Quality Food Packaging, is GMP compliant, and FDA registered as a food and drug packaging facility. Outlook Group has two facilities located in Neenah, WI. For more information, please contact us at 920-722-2333 |www.outlookgroup.com